Thursday, March 27, 2014

Number Painted Vintage Bill and Letter Organizer


As promised, I finally found an item in my phone that I painted to put in our booth... 
Anybody recognize it?  

I saw them all the time when I was a kid... it's an old "Bill Letter Misc" organizer stand with three metal key ring holders at the bottom. It can also be hung on the wall.

No, I didn't take a 'before' pic but here's one just like it, listed on Etsy, minus the 3 metal key holders:
I just love it!

Most of the gold (gilded?) lettering was gone from mine but I could still feel the letters, so I sanded it down.

She makes some of the coolest stuff ever!!
I doubt there's anybody who HASN'T been to her blog, 
but just in case, hop over and check out her stuff at 

Happy Thursday, Y'all!

Sharing with

6 comments:

  1. love this transformation Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this JoAnn, and thanks for the link to the transfer method! Your blog is adorable with all the pink poppies!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, this is SO great! I love how you redid the old mail holder. I will check out Christy James' 'old school letter transfer' method- it looks fantastic! Good job!! I'm so glad you shared this at Treasure Box Tuesday- PINNED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this JoAnn! I think painting it really transforms it and makes it more "today". I finally followed you by email so I wouldn't miss your posts.. I seem to always be behind, but now you'll be in MY mailbox :) that seems to be the only way I can keep up lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also remember these mail/letter holders. Very pretty how you re-did that one. It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!