Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine Ditty for My Husband


Here's a little Valentine Ditty I wrote for my Husband, sung to the tune of Kenny Chesney's "Old Blue Chair."
Kenny, you're not the only one with a favorite old chair that just so happens to be blue.

Before I share it, he's sitting in his old blue recliner with our daughter who had been out sun tanning. I don't think she'd be too happy if I showed that picture ;-)

We've had that blue recliner for about 24 years and it has been the best chair for holding up to kids, plus we'd all sit with him and rock. Best Chair Ever.  Plus every man needs a chair to call his very own!

If you don't know the song or tune, please go to YouTube and find Kenny Chesney's song "Old Blue Chair", or click HERE
 then come back and "sing" it to yourself... or out loud - whatever makes you happy. So here goes...

Happy Valentine's to my Honey Man!

"MY BLUE LAZY BOY"

There’s a blue lazy boy
Sittin’ in the den

Weathered by our kids 
with their sweet little hands

It swivels back and forth
With the help of our feet

And it’s always waitin’ for me 
When I come home beat

We’ve read ‘em a lotta books, Sang ‘em a few songs

Talked ‘bout our lives and we fixed what went wrong

It’s seen a lot, and helped tough Life out

And nothing’s quite like… the way that it feels, 
the way that it feels,
the way that it feels, 
when I rock My Blue Lazy Boy

Yeah it’s ripped here and there
Been stained now and then

But it rocks just the same 
As it did back when

Been moved a few times 
And it’s soothed my poor heart

Yes, it’s always been there for me 
Like it was from the start

We’ve read ‘em a lotta books, Sang ‘em a few songs

Talked ‘bout our lives and we fixed what went wrong

It’s seen a lot and helped tough Life out

And nothing’s quite like… the way that it feels, 
the way that it feels,
the way that it feels, 
when I rock My Blue Lazy Boy

Old “Blue” was there for me when I got bad news
That my job was gone, I didn’t know what to do

But my wife was there for me and I got a lot of hugs, it’s true
Got ‘em all rockin’ right there, in my favorite "Blue"

There’s a blue lazy boy
Sittin’ in the den

Weathered by our kids 
with their sweet little hands

Hope you enjoyed it. 
Have a happy day!




3 comments:

Show some Comment Love!