Wednesday, January 22, 2014

RE-POST: Rolled Cereal Box Bead Hearts

Rolling beads can be a very relaxing craft, much like knitting, crocheting or cross stitching. 

Food boxes, like cereal or cracker boxes, when cut side to side, will give you a chunky bead, while paper gives you a very thin and narrow bead. 


The base of my beads are about 1/2 inch. 
I've made several different sizes of these hearts.
I cut my wire anywhere from 8 to 16 inches.
You can use acrylic craft paints or spray paint.

Read my original post HERE.

Perfect for holiday or country decor!

Happy Rollin', Y'all!

Sharing with:
thursday favorite things



Creativity Unleashed Link Party

504 Main

 photo TreasureBoxTuesday325.jpg

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop . Hope to see you sharing again this week. Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. Since love is in the air...you will be feature don Tickled Pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I surely appreciate it Holly! I always enjoy linking up over your way ;-)

      Delete
  4. Oh I love these! What a fun way to repurpose instead of recycle! Just stopping by to pin this, and to let you know I featured it on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessi! I appreciate the shout out ;-)

      Delete
  5. I commented on this idea last year and have kept it in the back of my mind since then. I finally tried my hand at it and couldn't be happier with the finished product. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful.. thanks for sharing steps & tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joann. It's been a long time since I've visited you. I adore these beads. I visited a shop recently that had the paper beads but I have not seen these chunkier beads. Cute idea.
    Mildred

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there! thanks for dropping by. I've got a large can of strips cut out and ready to roll ;-)

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!