I recently acquired several old shutters from a yard sale at a
"get-them-out-of- my-sight-don't-wont-to-lug-them-home-with-me" price.
Um, YES, thank you!
Above is the finished product in my booth.
I went with green, lots of items go with green.
My shutter stash in my junk/craft room.
Please tell me you have a room like this, too!
I wanted the bottom part to be larger then the top, so I chose two sets of larger shutters, two sets of smaller shutters,
and used scrap lumber for the "shelves."
I used scrap lumber for the side braces, helping to keep the shelf nice and sturdy - I even disassemble some broken shutters
and used the shutter opener thing-y
(I know there's a proper name for it)
as trim on the shelves, covering the rough edges.
This is just a shot of my ability to correctly use my husband's miter saw - I cut it just right! Excuse the blinding flash, but I tried to show an old piece of board I used as a base board.
And here it is before painting.
You can see the old base board was chippy green.
I kinda wanted to leave it all rustic-like,
but some of the shutters had bad stains on them.
Didn't look good up close.
I know I have posted in a while, hope you're still following!
I have more shutter projects coming soon.
Due to those pesky spammers, I have changed my comment settings,
but I'd love to hear from you.